If you’re getting married, it’s essential to know that your wedding photographer is the one person who will capture every moment of your big day—and they’ll likely be the last person you see before you walk down the aisle. That’s why it’s crucial to ask your wedding photographer all the right questions during your initial consultation.
We’ve compiled a list of 33 questions you should ask to feel confident in making the right choice.
- Could my requested wedding date be made available?
- Will you be the one to take pictures during my wedding? If not, is it possible to get in touch with the onsite photographer?
- Do you have any other weddings to photograph that weekend?
- On our wedding day, will you be accompanied by any assistants?
Ask your photographer if they’ll be working alone or with an assistant, as some photographers always have one on hand while others make that call dependent on the scope of your event. Adding a second shooter to your contract will cost you more money if they don’t routinely employ one.
- Just how long have you been shooting weddings? Can you tell me the number of weddings you’ve photographed?
- Do you typically photograph weddings of size and style comparable to the ones we’re planning? Can you perhaps share the complete photo galleries of your recent weddings?
- Do you have experience photographing weddings at our ceremony and reception locations? Is our planner anything you’ve ever used before? Videographer? Florist? DJ?
Package Deals and Individual Rates
- What exactly does your base plan consist of? Exactly what extras do the pricier plans include?
- Have any options for tailoring a plan to my specific requirements?
- Do your packages consist of engagement shoots? How about the pre-wedding parties, like the rehearsal dinner?
- For each plan, how many hours of service do you provide? What is the rate for overtime?
- Is there a photo booth available?
- Do you have corrective services such as retouching, color adjusting, and so on? Do you charge more for those?
- Is there a price for mileage? As far as you want to go. How extensive is that protection?
Most photographers will ask for additional costs outside a certain distance to cover their time and gas. If the location is more than a certain distance from your home, you may be responsible for providing lodging for the photographer.
Visual Representations: Prints and Albums
- What if we wanted to order prints or albums from you?
- Can you describe the albums you sell? Do you help choose pictures and create the album layout?
- To what extent do your products contain albums and prints? When will I get my order, and how many pages/prints do I get for my money?
- I wondered how long it would be until we got the wedding photos. When will they get there, and how?
- Can we assume we’ll be granted ownership of the photos?
- If we order prints, do you also provide us with the negatives? If not, do you send us high-resolution digital versions? Do you charge for that?
- Will there be a way to view the pictures online? How long will this last?
- When can we expect the contract to arrive?
- What is the minimum deposit amount? Approximately what date is it expected to be paid?
- Can I pay in installments instead?
- If I change my mind, is there a way to get my money back?
- In case something goes wrong, do you have insurance? Is your staff included in the coverage?
- How about a backup system?
- What backup preparations do you have if you cannot shoot my wedding?
- What will you and your helpers be wearing?
- Is there a way to specify which photos you want to be included?
- Do you intend to submit our photographs to newspapers, magazines, or internet journals?
Hopefully, the list of questions in this post will help you better understand what to look for in a wedding photographer and what to expect once the big day finally arrives. Some are easy to answer, while others may take some thought. In any case, it’s just as important that you ask as it is for them to answer your questions. Asking questions is a great way to create a rapport with your photographer and ensure they’re the right fit for you and your partner.
At Photokings.ca, we understand how important your wedding day is. We’ll work with you to create a custom wedding photography package that fits your needs and budget. And we’ll make sure to capture all the special moments of your big day, so you can look back on them and cherish them for years to come. So if you’re looking for a wedding photographer in Toronto, Vancouver, or Montreal, choose Photokings.ca. We’ll ensure your wedding day is everything you’ve ever dreamed of.
Get A Quote In 75 Seconds Hiring A Photographer The Top 7 Shots For Your Montreal Wedding Photography Canada’s Largest Photography Site. Hire a Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver Wedding Photographer In Minutes. Introduction Weddings are one of the most memorable and important days in a person’s life. It is a day filled with love, joy,…
Get A Quote In 75 Seconds Hiring A Photographer How much does a Vancouver Engagement Photographer cost: Hourly vs. Packages Canada’s Largest Photography Site. Hire a Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver Wedding Photographer In Minutes. Introduction When capturing the love and excitement of an engagement, many couples turn to professional photographers to help them document this…
Get A Quote In 75 Seconds Hiring A Photographer Vancouver Engagement Photography: A Guide for Couples Canada’s Largest Photography Site. Hire a Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver Wedding Photographer In Minutes. Introduction Engagement photography is a type of photography that captures the special moments and memories of a couple who is about to get married. This…