At PhotoKings, we offer professional product photography services for your Amazon, eBay, or Etsy products. Let our expert photographers create stunning product images that will get you more sales! Our team of experts will ensure the proper lighting and background is chosen to present your products in the best possible way. Contact us today for a free consultation.
We all know how important it is to have great photos of our products on websites like Amazon and eBay. But creating great photos is not an easy thing for everyone to do. If you are selling your own products, whether it be a physical product or an eBook, you need professional photos of your products in order to capture the attention of potential buyers on Amazon or eCommerce websites like eBay and Etsy. The following are some ideas from PhotoKings on how to take professional quality photos of your products:
- A camera with at least 5 megapixels (for high end cameras) or 3 megapixels (for basic point and shoot digital cameras). You can also use a smartphone with a camera as long as it has at least ~3 megapixels for iPhone or ~4 megapixels for Android devices.
- Having more than just one camera is also a good idea as you can switch out the cameras when one runs out of battery power or memory space to continue taking pictures without interruption. Having two different types of cameras will allow you to have more options when taking pictures as well. For example, if you are using a high end DSLR camera but don’t want people’s faces in the background, then an inexpensive point and shoot would not work, since it’s almost impossible to get decent blur. A DSLR, on the other hand, would blur the background enough that you wouldn’t be able to see a random person’s face.
- A tripod and a camera with timer: these very simple tools allow users to keep their hands free while taking pictures so they can hold things like books, clothing items, food items etc, and use models in the shot.
- Also this helps keep cameras still instead of having them moving around due to hand shake which would cause blurry images that would not be suitable for selling online!
- A background stand: Although many people think this step isn’t necessary because they might already have backdrops from other photo shoots they’ve done that work just fine, having one specific backdrop only for product photography helps keep everything looking uniform which makes the photo look more professional overall!
- Photo editing software: This step isn’t necessary but if you want even higher quality photos then image editing software is very important especially if you want all white backgrounds which often times requires some extra steps after getting home from the shoot location.
We hope that helped!